What areas do you serve?
We serve Collin, Denton, Dallas, Tarrant and surrounding Counties.
Where are you located?
Texas Premier Counseling Services offers three locations: Lewisville, Frisco, and Denton, Texas. Please contact us at (972) 895-2502.
What are your specialties?
Ms. Logan specializes in troubled parent-child relationships and sexual behavioral problems. She services teenagers and adults. Ms. Logan also offers parenting facilitation services through Texas Premier Counseling Services. Please contact Ms. Logan prior to naming Ms. Logan to insure she is available. Ken Johnson is a seasoned practitioner, educator and he is licensed as a marriage and family therapist (LMFT). He also conducts career assessments and substance abuse evaluations.Ms. Logan, LPC, LSOTP and Ken Johnson, PhD, LPC-S, LSOTP, are both Sex Offender Treatment Providers in the state of Texas. Click here for Ms. Logan's curriculum vitae. For questions, please contact us at (972) 895-2502
Do you conduct Child Custody Evaluations?
Yes. Ms. Logan conducts custody evaluations, she is on staff with Forensic Counseling Services, under the supervision of Aaron Robb, PhD, LPC-S. Please contact Forensic Counseling Services for custody evaluations. Please have your attorney contact Forensic Counseling Services prior to naming Ms. Logan in an order to insure that she is available.
Do you conduct Juvenile Safety Plans?
Yes. Please contact Monika Logan.
Do you offer Referrals?
Yes. We place Clients first. If another provider is closer in proximity, or could better meet your needs or your child's needs we will be glad to provide a referral.
Do you conduct Risk Assessments?
Yes. Ms. Logan and Ken Johnson conducts juvenile and adult risk assessments, safety plans, ABEL assessments and psychosexual evaluations. Please contact Monika Logan.
Does Texas PCS offer evening or weekend appointments?
We offer limited evening appointments. Please check for availability. We offer Saturday appointments upon request.
Do you offer Parenting Facilitation and/or Parenting Coordination Services?
Yes. For questions regarding Parenting Facilitation and/or Parenting Coordination Services, please contact Monika Logan at our main number (972) 895-2502 ext. 101. Also for a sample Parenting Facilitation Court Order, please click here. For all Parenting Facilitation Forms, please click here.
Do I need to make an appointment?
Yes. Please call our main number (972) 895-2502.
What is an LPC?
A Licensed Professional Counselor. In Texas, an LPC requires a master's degree and 3000 hours of supervised clinical experience.
What does ASOTP mean after a psychological degreed persons name?
Affiliate Sex Offender Treatment Provider.
What is Anxiety Disorder?
Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress and can actually be beneficial in some situations. For some people, however, anxiety can become excessive. While the person suffering may realize their anxiety is too much, they may also have difficulty controlling it and it may negatively affect their day-to-day living. There are a wide variety of anxiety disorders, including post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and panic disorder to name a few. Collectively, they are among the most common mental disorders experienced by Americans.
What is Depression?
Everyone occasionally feels blue or sad. But these feelings are usually short-lived and pass within a couple of days. When you have depression, it interferes with daily life and causes pain for both you and those who care about you. Depression is a common but serious illness.
Many people with a depressive illness never seek treatment. But the majority, even those with the most severe depression, can get better with treatment. Medications, psychotherapies, and other methods can effectively treat people with depression.
What is HIPAA?
HIPAA is the acronym for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act that was passed by Congress in 1996. HIPAA does the following:
- Provides the ability to transfer and continue health insurance coverage for millions of American workers and their families when they change or lose their jobs;
- Reduces health care fraud and abuse;
- Mandates industry-wide standards for health care information on electronic billing and other processes; and
- Requires the protection and confidential handling of protected health information
What does LSOTP mean after a psychological degreed persons name?
Licensed Sex Offender Treatment Provider. An LSOTP requires completion of 1000 hours. Some LSOTPs may obtain hours on a part time basis, which can take several years. Ms. Logan worked full time with individuals with sexual behavioral problems and accumulated 1000 hours within two years.
What if I Have to Cancel My Appointment?
Call (972) 895-2502 as soon as possible after you become aware that you cannot come to your appointment. You can leave a message on the voice mail if you are calling outside of business hours. There is a $25 (non-refundable) fee for missed or canceled appointments that are NOT canceled 24 hours in advance of your appointment.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Counseling Experience?
- Define your goals. Think about what you would like to get out of counseling. It might be helpful to write a list of events, relationship issues, or feelings that you think are contributing to your distress. Take time before each session to consider your expectations for that session. Self-exploration and change involve hard work, and sometimes painful feelings are stirred up in the process of healing. Counselors are trained to pay close attention to these issues and will probably encourage you to discuss these feelings openly.
- Be an active participant. This is your counseling experience, so be as active as you can in deciding how to use the time. Be honest with the counselor and give her or him feedback about how you see the sessions progressing.
- Be patient with yourself. Growth takes time, effort, and patience. All of your coping skills, behavior patterns, and self-perceptions have been learned and reinforced over a long period of time, so change can be difficult and slow at times.
- Ask questions. Ask questions about the counseling process, any methods used by the counselor, or about any other services at CMHC. Your counselor is there to assist you.
- Follow your counselor's recommendations. Take the time between sessions to complete any activities suggested by your counselor. Counseling is intended to improve your life in the "real world," so making efforts to try out and practice new behaviors, approaches, or ways of thinking could be a crucial element to the success of your counseling experience.
What is a Parenting Facilitator?
A parenting facilitator helps parents to establish and maintain a co-parenting relationship. The main focus of parenting facilitation is to reduce parental conflict and keep children out of the middle. Parenting facilitation is not confidential. Please have your attorney contact Ms.Logan.