Behavioral HealthBehavioral Health is a general term now commonly used in place of the older term mental health. It is an umbrella term which often refers to a continuum of services for individuals at risk of, or suffering from, mental, behavioral, or addictive disorders. Behavioral Health, as a discipline, refers to mental health, psychiatric, marriage and family counseling, and addictions treatment, and includes services provided by social workers, counselors, psychiatrist, psychologists, neurologists, and physicians.
Did You Know?
- Depression is the third most common reason for a visit to a health center after diabetes and hypertension.
- Suicide is a major public health issue; there is 1 suicide every 15 minutes.
- Children and youth who are bullied are more likely to be depressed, lonely, anxious, and have low self esteem and think about suicide.
- About one in four adults suffers from a mental disorder in a given year.
- Visits to emergency rooms involving the misuse of prescription drugs have doubled in the last five years.
You are not alone - anxiety, depression, addiction, phobias, and eating disorders are all medical conditions that can cause loneliness and despair. At Texas PCS, we are here for your individualized needs. If you or someone you love is suffering from a Behavioral Health Illness, let us provide you with the help and hope you are looking for today.
Texas PCS provides help with Anger Management, Anxiety, Depression, Sexual Behavioral Problems, Women's Issues, drug, narcotic and other substance abuse and addiction problems, mental health problems, or other behavioral health issues.